Advocacy, Marketing and Promotion
The BID supports members at licensing board hearings, as well as offering market analysis and data that offers a measurable data. We collect real-time pedestrian data and monitor leases and vacancies and keep a robust database of properties, owners, retail and restaurant locations and lessees of commercial properties.
To spread the word about the attractions and assets of the district, the BID employs a variety of communication channels – weekly e-newsletters, social media, outdoor poster and digital campaigns, special events, website and more. Members are encouraged to share news and events which the BID supports and amplifies through our marketing and communication work.
Our advocacy for district businesses takes many forms:
- Advertising campaigns
- Media outreach
- Weekly promotional e-newsletter
- Support for businesses at licensing board hearings and during the permitting process
- Promotional fact sheets
- Engagement through social media, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- A published map of the district's amenities and attractions - updated seasonly
- Provide access to resources from the Boston Planning & Development Agency, the Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Massachusetts Area Planning Council
- Promote retail opportunities in partnership with the City of Boston